Session 2: COVID-19 Workforce Restructuring May Be Required. Discrimination Litigation IS NOT.
Due to COVID-19, you may need a reduction in your labor force, or you may be starting to rehire. These changes need to be accomplished swiftly and without discrimination, perceived or actual. Join Daniel S. Levy (Ph.D. Economics) to learn how to test your reduction-in-force (“RIF”) or rehiring (“Un-RIF”) for discrimination, based on commonly used statistical tests. Similar statistical tests also are used to determine wage discrimination due to changes companies are implementing during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Who Should Attend: HR Professionals or Attorneys helping companies guard against the appearance of discrimination while restructuring headcount. We will discuss tests, tools and resources that you can use.
In this Webinar you will learn the following:
- Applicable laws against discrimination in firing/hiring/furlough/Un-RIF
- How to check for and prevent the emergence of pay inequity during a RIF/Un-RIF
- What statistical tests are used to identify head count discrimination in a RIF/Un-RIF
- What explanatory factors might justify certain RIF patterns
- How to adjust preliminary RIF and Un-RIF plans and analysis to make these plans more equitable and less vulnerable to litigation
The session will provide practical tests you can perform and introduce you to software, EquityPath, that will allow you to test for apparent discrimination in RIFs or Un-RIFs at your company.
EquityPath software is designed to identify statistically significant discrimination in a RIF (or Un-RIF) quickly and to allow you to make adjustments that make a RIF (or Un-RIF) fairer and less prone to litigation.
Dr. Daniel S. Levy, National Managing Director of Advanced Analytical Consulting Group and owner of EquiCalc, assists attorneys with economic, statistical and computing analyses in discrimination and other labor-related cases. In various areas of litigation, he has served as an expert witness for plaintiffs and defendants, including private companies, the Department of Labor, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice, and the Internal Revenue Service and has presented his research to the FBI, US Postal Service, the Environmental Protection Agency, and New York State Attorney General’s Office.
Prior to founding Advanced Analytical Consulting Group and EquiCalc, Dr. Levy was the National Managing Principal of Economic and Statistical Consulting for Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP. He also served as the Global Director of Economic Consulting for Arthur Andersen’s Value Solutions practice. He has also held research and consulting positions at Charles River Associates, The RAND Corporation, Needham, Harper Worldwide Advertising, SPSS Inc. and The University of Chicago Computation Center. Dr. Levy received a PhD and an AB with Special Honors in Economics from The University of Chicago.[
Dr. Audrius Girnius, Senior Economist at AACG, has assisted employers with proactive pay studies and supported experts on a variety of Labor and Employment discrimination matters. Prior to joining Advanced Analytical Consulting Group, Dr. Girnius was a Senior Manager / Director at Grant Thornton and Huron Consulting Group. He earned a PhD in Economics from The University of Chicago and has refereed for the Journal of Political Economy. He also has presented at the National Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Conference.
Contact our Experts
- Session 2: California’s New Wage Reporting RequirementApril 28, 2021 - 2:22 pm
- Session 1: California’s New Wage Reporting RequirementFebruary 2, 2021 - 2:57 pm
- Session 2: COVID-19 Workforce Restructuring May Be Required. Discrimination Litigation IS NOT.October 28, 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Do No-Poaching Clauses Reduce Pay for Workers in the Fast Food Industry?March 24, 2020 - 2:07 pm
- 3. Sampling Within the Lines: Court Rulings in Wage and Hour CasesFebruary 23, 2020 - 7:38 am