This presentation will discuss how new laws and regulations may change evidentiary requirements in evaluating disparate impact. The presentation will pay special attention to the statistical issues and the use of multiple regression analysis. It will focus on the 2013 Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program (OFCCP) Directive 307 and the California Fair Pay Act (CFPA) enacted in 2015. Topics to be covered include:
- The use of multiple regression analysis in examining differences between employees who are protected class members and those who are not
- Reliance of courts on conclusions modeled using multiple regression analysis
- Changes to analytical methodologies resulting from OFCCP Directive 307
- Potential new data sources that may need to be collected and analyzed as a result of CFPA
- How the removal of the same establishment provision by the CFPA can affect outcomes of a pay equity analysis
- How the CFPA may increase the importance of statistical analysis in gender bias suits in California
Join Dr. Audrius Girnius, Senior Economist at Advanced Analytical Consulting Group, Inc. (AACG), as he discusses how these new laws and regulations may affect the data collection statistical analyses that need to be done in response to these changes.
About the Presenter: Dr. Audrius Girnius has assisted employers with proactive pay studies and supported experts on a variety of Labor and Employment discrimination matters. Prior to joining Advanced Analytical Consulting Group (AACG), Dr. Girnius was a Senior Manager / Director at Grant Thornton and Huron Consulting Group. He earned a PhD in Economics from The University of Chicago and has refereed for the Journal of Political Economy. He also has presented at the National Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Conference.
Contact our Experts
- Session 2: California’s New Wage Reporting RequirementApril 28, 2021 - 2:22 pm
- Session 1: California’s New Wage Reporting RequirementFebruary 2, 2021 - 2:57 pm
- Session 2: COVID-19 Workforce Restructuring May Be Required. Discrimination Litigation IS NOT.October 28, 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Do No-Poaching Clauses Reduce Pay for Workers in the Fast Food Industry?March 24, 2020 - 2:07 pm
- 3. Sampling Within the Lines: Court Rulings in Wage and Hour CasesFebruary 23, 2020 - 7:38 am